This post may contain one or more affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my AD POLICY.
Who doesn’t like cheese on everything? This one gives it a little kick. This queso recipe is one of my go-to’s when I’m looking to sauce a dish up from vegetables, meats, or just as a dip. I’ve also been known just to eat it straight. It’s that good.
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cup, shredded cheddar cheese
- 1.5 cup, chopped onions, raw
- 3 green onion, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilis
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 12 fl oz can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl mix the xanthan gum and water to make a paste and set aside.
- In a medium-sized pot of medium to low heat melt the butter.
- Add the chopped onion and white part of the green onion, until soft.
- Add garlic
- Add tomatoes, chilies, and taco seasoning. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the xanthan gum and water paste and evaporated milk. Stir until well incorporated. Bring to a boil.
- Add cheese, stir constantly until cheese is fully melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cilantro and the green parts of the green onion.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve while warm.
Sat. Fat (grams)6.75
There are so many ways you can enjoy this Queso, here are a few of my most recent ways.